Friday, September 16, 2011

B'sue Boutique's "Sari Ribbon Party Blog Hop....You're Invited!"


Recently I met B'sue online, I was looking trolling through YouTube and stumbled upon her jewelry video how-to's.  She instantly captured me with her down to earth style in front of the camera, her sense of humor and her wonderfully amusing large cats who make an occasional appearance.  More importantly though, she shares her knowledge of jewelry design and shows you in video how to do-it-yourself. 
When I read her "About" page I found out we were both from Ohio and she worked at the Rogers Flea Market for years...one of my most favorite places to shop.  What I also liked about her "About" page was her complete honesty about the nature of her work and how she got there.  We could all learn a lot from B,Sue (and yes there is a story to her name) in more ways than one!
Oh, also, she has a wonderful jewelry supply online store.  Her inventory is affordable and a wonderful place to go if you are like me and may need a certain strange piece to fix a vintage jewelry piece.
She is having a contest that ends next month and I told her I'd share her post with my Atomic peeps.  The info regarding the contest is below...or you all can simply jump over to her website!  Cheers!

We've had a number of challenges with Five and Dime Style at B'sue Boutiques, but this is our VERY FIRST blog hop!  The date is Friday, October 14th.    The rules are VERY simple:
1.  Your entry must be a piece of jewelry, and it must have some sari ribbon in it.   That might be:
a cuff you have woven out of it
a necklace with a neckline treatment that incorporates it
a cuff wrapped with sari
bezels tied with sari
sari ribbon accents on chain
flowers made of sari
....those are just a few ideas.   You do what you want.   YOU ARE THE DESIGNER.   But it can't be a jacket, a purse, a decorator item......IT HAS TO BE A PIECE OF JEWELRY.  And it has to be sari ribbon (although you can also incorporate other ribbons into the piece, as well).  That means it will be a:
bracelet
necklace
ring
brooch
earrings
or....hair jewelry will be accepted.
The sari ribbon and components do NOT have to be purchased from B'sue Boutiques, but of course, I'd be lying if I didn't say I appreciate your patronage.  LOL
The sari is found here at B'sue Boutiques
http://www.bsueboutiques.com/item/Sari-Ribbon-7550  don't worry if the inventory is showing low....we have LOTS more.   Just let me know!  I'll fix it.
2.  YOU MUST HAVE A BLOG.   I'm not going to be able to sponsor photos on my blog---except Meep's!  
To be honest, if you don't have a blog, maybe this is just the impetus you need to get one started.  If you sell your work, you are really remiss if you aren't using a blog to feature your work and talk about it.   It's a valuable asset.  Many blog formats, like BLOGGER, are free!  They are also simple to set up.  
3.  When you commit to being a participant, I will save your name and your blog URL to a Word document.   The day before the hop (13th) I will post the participants and their URLS here at this blog.   Everyone who has signed up will have the responsibility to come and get the list and post it on THEIR blog, along with their photos and whatever they want to say about their entry, on their blogs EARLY AS POSSIBLE on October 14.
Having the list on your blog with your entry is ESSENTIAL for the hop to work.   That's what a blog hop is, you hop from blog to blog to look at the entries.  So if you don't post the list, it won't be fair to the rest.  ;-)
As much as possible, you will want to leave a comment about others' blog hop entries, when you visit their blogs on that day, too.

No comments: