Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Sassy Crafter


The Sassy Crafter
Originally uploaded by Atomic Holiday Bazaar


Kim Taylor is The Sassy Crafter and has participated in the Atomic shows since the first year. Kim interviewed me for a Gainesville paper she wrote for and it was my first Atomic interview. She is crafty, she is artsy, she is great with plants, she is funny, smart, lovely and I am proud to have her back for more Atomic torture. 

Rather than recreate the wheel, please check out her interview with the Gainesville Sun where you can learn more about her...I love her phrase ""champagne crafting on a beer budget."  I think many of us can relate to that!

Kim also coordinates GLAM, an indie craft show held in Gainesville on Sunday, Dec. 5, 2010 at the Thelma Boltin Center.

This woman can re-purpose ANYTHING. If I end up living on Skid Row someday, I am going to ask her to design my home out of the salvaged cardboard I find because I know she'd end up making it look like a show palace! 

Check out her Mid-Century Modern Atomic Eggbeater Clock, no two are the same .  What a hilarious, cheerful and ingenious creation by The Sassy Crafter!

1 comment:

kim taylor - - - the sassy crafter said...

Thanks, lovely lady! I have to say -- I wouldn't be where I am today without your show. It was one of the first places that I got serious exposure. Thanks again for all the hard work you put into it each year!