Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bella Cucina Aprons - Atomic Holiday Bazaar Interview

Carolyn Trabulsi of Bella Cucina Aprons is a newbie to Atomic and will be appearing at the Sunday Atomic show on 12/13. I have quite a few aprons (all vintage) which usually aren't in minty shape, I get grubby in the kitchen! However, wouldn't it be a treat to have a brand new hand made apron to wear in the kitchen? I think so! After reading her interview, I could just squeeze her, I love what she wrote about her husband!

Name of Business/Website Address? Bella Cucina Aprons / www.bellacucinaaprons.com

What City/State do you reside in? Odessa, Florida

Is this your first time attending Atomic or have you done the show before? 1st Timer

Is making stuff your full time occupation? Do you have a day job, are you a parent? How do you find the time to balance making stuff and taking time out for your life? Making stuff is a f/t occupation, I am otherwise a retired artist. Usually, I set aside only certain hours a day for my designing and sewing.


Why are you passionate about "D-I-Y" and what does it mean to you? I have always had my own business, first as a professional artist and now as a designer. It is a great sense of accomplishment and satifsfaction to see your creativity produce a finished product.

What's your favorite color? turquoise

Do you recycle and incorporate found or used items in your creations? Fabrics, old ribbons, lace, buttons that I've held onto forever.

What inspires you? Being successful and knowing that my creations are being enjoyed by another.

What are your favorite bands? Maybe not a band - but I love all show tunes, singers and standards, Il Divo. I really love all music and appreciate music from every generation (am I dating myself here?)


What is your favorite movie? Gone with the Wind and All old dancing musicals

Are you self taught, did a family member teach you or did you take classes? I was first taught to sew by my elementary school teacher c.194....., and I became hooked. Later as a young woman, I attended NY Parsons School of Design & Traphagen School of Design.

Do you ever get burnt out on creating things, hit a dry spot like writer's block? Not really

Is there anyone famous who you think is too cool for school and you'd like to give them one of your pieces? Giada Di Laurentis on the food channel would look great in one of my aprons.

Any oddities about you that the reader may find amusing, an extra toe, can't stand anyone near your armpits, etc.? Other than my artificial right knee, this might count as unusual? I married the boy from next door 54 years ago - We have been together for 68 years . He still make my heart beat!

Where have you traveled or visited that made you feel a bit happier about Planet Earth? Definately, Hawaii

No comments: