Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Andrea C. Glass Art - Atomic Holiday Bazaar Interview

Andrea Cammarata has a lot of "A's" in her name so it must be kismet (I'm breaking out the German words folks) that she is appearing at the Sunday, 12/13, Atomic Holiday Bazaar show. I have not had the pleasure of meeting her in person but I have seen her pieces at everything but the girl and this gal knows how to work glass! Her jewelry is juicy and one of a kind and bright and colorful and amusing and well, let's get to know her better with her interview below:

Name of Business/Website Address? Andrea Cammarata Glass Art/ http://www.andreacglassart.com/

What City/State do you reside in? Sarasota, FL

Is this your first time attending Atomic or have you done the show before? Second time attending, first time vendor.

What do make and plan on bringing to Atomic? My unique glass jewelry, that includes one of a kind dichroic glass pendants, rings, earrings, flameworked glass birdies, snails, and some amazing glass moustaches!

Is making stuff your full time occupation? Do you have a day job, are you a parent? How do you find the time to balance making stuff and taking time out for your life? I work part time at a glass supply company here in Sarasota, and then the rest of time I'm working on my creations.


Why are you passionate about "D-I-Y" and what does it mean to you? I love the fact knowing that everything I make is unique, and the possibilities are endless to what I can create.

What's your favorite color? Reds, greens, black and white.

Do you recycle and incorporate found or used items in your creations? Nope everything is new.

What inspires you? Stuff that makes me happy, could be a flower, colors, cute creatures, other artists. It varies from time to time.

What are your favorite bands? to many to name......here's just a few, Animal Collective, Muse, Aphex twin, The Specials, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Horrorpops, Gogol Bordello and many many more.

(these are snails folks!)
What is your favorite movie? Alice in Wonderland

Are you self taught, did a family member teach you or did you take classes? About 5 years ago I took a four hour glass bead making class and I'v been hooked on glass ever since. From there I pretty much did my own thing teaching myself different techniques.

Do you ever get burnt out on creating things, hit a dry spot like writer's block? Yes! I get in a non creative funk at times, and then I create for a while, and then get back in the funk, back and forth....

Is there anyone famous who you think is too cool for school and you'd like to give them one of your pieces? your mother (ok Andrea, I caught this answer, you think I don't read this shit? I challenge you to a thumb wresting off, and your mother...!!!)

Any oddities about you that the reader may find amusing, an extra toe, can't stand anyone near your armpits, etc.? no, but if I did have one I would want it to be webbed toes or fingers.

Where have you traveled or visited that made you feel a bit happier about Planet Earth? anywhere where there are mountains and big trees.

No comments: