Monday, October 26, 2009

Viva Le Vox, Headliner Band for Atomic at Saturday Night Show, 12/12/09.

Holy Shit. I finally got to see Viva Le Vox last night at Pastimes, who are my head liner band for the Saturday night Atomic Holiday Bazaar show on Saturday, December 12, 2009, 6 p.m. - 11:30 p.m., and yes, I will continue to state the date over and over to pound it into your sweet little fleshy heads until you all become my Atomic minions and rub my body in holiday honey, oh wait, that's another story.

Back to Viva Le Vox! Jesus, what a bunch of sweet boys. OK, men. Sweet, talented men. They have a new CD out "Desperation Alley" and please, please get your asses to the Paddywagon over in Gulf Gate, here in Sorryscrotum (Sarasota) on Friday, October 30th to get a preview of this band because they will knock your fuckin' socks off unless you're wearing flip flops and if you're wearing flip flops your toes will curl openly in public from the sheer glee of what this band delivers.

The boys in the band present as follows according to their MySpace page:

Tony Bones~Vox , Guitar...
Antoine Dukes~Drums, Stomp, Poor People Skills....
Jim Bob "Scarecrow" Jenkins~Bull Fiddle, Vox...
Paultergeist~Accordion, Washboard, Intimidating Presence...

Tony Bones is a delicious front man with a voice he pulls up from hell ranging from theatrical to melodic to gruff to sexy and Tony, I just know you have a dark hearted ballad somewhere in that skinny rocker bod so please pull it out of your ass and play us a Viva Le Vox version of a love song.

Paultergeist is a talented accordion player and slams the washboard around like he means it. We found out we had sat near each other in Detroit for the Leonard Cohen show earlier this year. I know this is enthralling for you but it was a coolio moment for me.

I'm getting lazy and hungry so let me wrap this up, Antoine on drums, he has a thing for shoes, I have a thing for shoes, so I'd say he's perfect.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Scarecrow who played the upright bass but I could have watched him all night humping and thumping his instrument, haha, that cracked me up, that broke me down. But really, I am so very excited to have these guys playing at Atomic.

Please try and get your sorry behinds to the Paddywagon next Friday to see them, otherwise I will sic the hounds of H1N1 on you.

1 comment:

A. Gurrot said...

Viva Le Vox split 7" with Paperdolls out on Incest Records since January 2009. Limited quantity left and will never be re-pressed.

incestrecords.org