Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Love Alison, Atomic Holiday Bazaar Interview

I've been a fan of Love Alison for a while now. Alison Krafick was going to attend Atomic last year but she was off in Atlanta and couldn't get her lazy butt down to my show. I'm just kidding, Alison and I love to abuse each other; my sister is the only other person who is better than Alison in insulting me and making me feel really fucking fabulous about myself. What can I say? She is one funny muther and I dig, dig, dig her sense of humor which completely shines through her art and jewelry. Alison will be at both the Saturday night Atomic show (12/12/09) and the Sunday show (12/13/09) and I really encourage you to stop by and see her so she can throw a spicy insult your way as you buy something from her, otherwise she may throw stones and boulders at you if you don't!

Name of Business/Website Address? Love Alison / www.LoveAlison.com

What City/State do you reside in? Orlando, FL.

Is this your first time attending Atomic or have you done the show before?
Atomic Virgin.

What do make and plan on bringing to Atomic? The coolest FUCKING art Atomic has ever seen.

Is making stuff your full time occupation? Do you have a day job, are you a parent? How do you find the time to balance making stuff and taking time out for your life? No. Yes... though technically a night job as I'm a bartender. Yes I am a parent. I don't.

Why are you passionate about "D-I-Y" and what does it mean to you? DIY totally ROCKS... it lets personalities shine through.


What's your favorite color? Hot fucking pink.

Do you recycle and incorporate found or used items in your creations? I do recycle and I do use found items in many of my art pieces.

What inspires you? Music, all things cool, vintage, words.

What are your favorite bands? Bands containing whiny tattooed rocker boys.

What is your favorite movie? Heathers... duh.

Are you self taught, did a family member teach you or did you take classes? Self taught in the art I actually do but once upon a time I acquired an art degree.

Do you ever get burnt out on creating things, hit a dry spot like writer's block?
Occasionally one of my girls won't speak to me but usually after I yell at her she tells me some sordid story. Stop trying to jinx me anyway.

Is there anyone famous who you think is too cool for school and you'd like to give them one of your pieces? Yes... Rob and Corrinne from Threadbangers have one of my pieces on the wall behind them in most of their segments. They are way too cool for school.

Any oddities about you that the reader may find amusing, an extra toe, can't stand anyone near your armpits, etc.? Pretty much everything about me is amusing.

Where have you traveled or visited that made you feel a bit happier about Planet Earth? Atomic Bazaar 2009.

No comments: